Wedding etiquette in the South is nothing lớn be messed with. It starts the moment we say "Yes," and it ends well after we say "I bởi." And bet your britches we don't miss a beat, lest those familiar with the Emily Post Institute take note.
Bạn đang xem: happy wedding day
To be fair, wedding etiquette isn't just one-sided. Sure, brides have their own overwhelming mix of rules lớn follow, things lượt thích when lớn send thank you notes and how much lớn tip wedding vendors. But guests are also fraught with wedding worries. We're jolted awake at night in a cold sweat, thinking "Did I send the RSVP in time?" or "But what if someone else gives the steak knives?"
And when it comes lớn something even as simple as sending a wedding thẻ (which, lớn be clear, is best sent before the wedding, much lượt thích gifts) even the nội dung is taken quite seriously. For example, once it was taboo lớn say or write "Congratulations" lớn the bride. This is because it implied she was lucky lớn have found a husband at all. But it's perfectly fine lớn say it lớn the groom. Hmph. (But he is the lucky one, we joke.)
Though the "Congratulations Rule" is increasingly considered out-of-date, one thing will always ring true: In the South, typing out a quick "Congrats!" over text will never do; posting well wishes on Facebook will never cut it. And that's just how we lượt thích it. There will always be a place for a handwritten note in the South, especially when someone's getting hitched.
Whether you're family, close friends, or distant acquaintances with the bride or groom, you should send a wedding thẻ. Full stop. (And whether or not you're attending the wedding, as well.) If you're not sure what's appropriate, just know that it's largely lớn your discretion. But here are 40 ideas—formal, casual, and even Biblical—to get you started on what lớn write in a wedding thẻ.
Formal Wedding Wishes
If you're heading lớn the wedding of a couple that you're not very close with , formal might fit the occasion. Simple and thoughtful, this type of message doesn't always feel as personalized as others—but it communicates your well wishes for the couple's future together. To help it read more intimately for someone you're close with, embellish with personal details.
- "May the years ahead be filled with love and joy."
- "May your love grow stronger each and every passing year."
- "Thank you for letting us share in your special day. We wish you all the happiness in the world."
- "Here's lớn a lifetime full of happiness and love."
- "Wishing you well as you embark on this next chapter of life. Cheers!"
- "May today mark the first of the rest of your life, filled with love and fellowship."
- "Here's lớn a long, happy life with the one you love. Wishing you the best."
- "Wishing you happiness, love, and joy on your wedding day."
- "Today is the beginning of your next chapter. Here's lớn you!"
- "It's a joy lớn celebrate your love."
Casual Wedding Wishes
When bringing a small gift lớn one of the pre-wedding events, such as the engagement buổi tiệc nhỏ or bridal shower, a casual note will bởi, no matter the recipient. While saying "congratulations" was once seen as rude, it works perfectly fine for these occasions.
- "Here's lớn a long and happy marriage!"
- "Wishing you all of the love and happiness!"
- "We're ví happy for you!"
- "I'm seeing a fun-filled life in your future. Congratulations!"
- "So honored lớn spend this happy occasion with you and your family."
- "Wishing you the best today and beyond."
- "Start your next chapter in style—with this little something!" (Attached lớn a gift.)
- "Well wishes!"
- "Today is just the beginning of the fun! Looking forward lớn celebrating this season with you."
- "Congratulations!" (Pinky promise it's appropriate.)
Religious Wedding Wishes
If you know that the couple getting married is of the Christian faith, nothing suits more phàn nàn a message inspired by the Bible. How meaningful lớn begin a marriage feeling blessed by those around you. For a faith-based couple and ceremony, this type of wedding note not only feels appropriate but highly personal, too.
- "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." –1 Corinthians 13:13
- "No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us." –1 John 4:12
- "Be kind lớn each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you." –Ephesians 4:32
- "Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate." –Mark 10:9
- "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs." –1 Corinthians 13:4-5
- "I have found the one whom my soul loves." –Song of Soloman 3:4
- "Be devoted lớn one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves." –Romans 12:10
- "Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart." –Proverbs 3:3
- "Serve one another through love." –Galatians 5:13
- "Let all that you bởi be done in love." –1 Corinthians 16:14
Welcoming Wedding Wishes
Because you wouldn't necessarily say the same thing lớn your favorite future sister-in-law that you would lớn a friend you haven't seen in five years, right? In the South, family is everything. This type of message is the perfect way lớn begin writing a wedding thẻ for a new family member—and is best followed by something personalized.
- "Thank you for letting us share in the celebration. Welcome lớn the family!"
- "So blessed lớn have gained another sister/cousin/aunt."
- "We're ví happy that [name] found 'The One," and that it is you!"
- "Today we add another family thành viên lớn the tree, and we couldn't be happier."
- "Sending love and hugs always, from your new family in [place]."
- "Wishing you two all the happiness and love. Here's lớn you!"
- "We couldn't be happier lớn gọi you family. Thanks for allowing us lớn join in the Big Day."
- "Our family has gained quite the amazing man/lady. Lucky us!"
- "Congratulations, and welcome lớn the family!"
- "You've felt lượt thích part of the family from the start. We're ví glad it's now official!"
Wedding Wishes for a Friend
If you're attending the wedding of a close friend, formal might not feel wholly genuine and something too casual may not strike the right personal chord. Be true lớn yourself and your relationship with your friend. This type of wedding message can be more personal–it may be a dear friend friend of yours, after all.
- "Cheers lớn love, laughter, and happily ever after!"
- "To my best friend on your wedding day, know that your happiness is everything lớn má. The fact that you've found your someone means the world. Congratulations!"
- "May your marriage bring as much happiness lớn your life as our friendship has brought lớn mine."
- "[Name] makes you shine brighter phàn nàn you ever have before, and it's for that reason, and that reason alone, that I'm willing lớn share you. Cheers lớn finding your forever. "
- "I can't think of anyone in the world more deserving of happiness phàn nàn you, my friend. I can't wait lớn see what life has in store for the happy couple. Congrats! "
Wedding Wishes for a Son or Daughter
A child getting married is a truly momentous occasion. Only you have known your son or daughter since the beginning, and only this new life partner may get lớn know them fully for the rest of their lifetime. Mark the occasion with a speaking wedding note from the heart on your son or daughter's wedding day.
- "You will always be my baby, but I'm ví proud lớn watch you grow into a new chapter of life. Cheers lớn the man/woman you've become and the new family you're creating."
- "I've overwhelmed with happiness lớn watch someone cherish you as much as I bởi. I'm ví glad you've found your person, and I can't wait for all that life has in store for you as you enter this new phase of life. I love you!"
- "I've dreamt of this day longer phàn nàn you'll ever know: Not all of the pomp and circumstance, though that's turned out lớn be beyond my wildest dreams, but your happiness. That you've found your true love brings má more joy phàn nàn anything else in the world."
- "I'm always proud lớn be your mom/dad, but today my pride knows no bounds."
- "I've known from day one that you were special, and it fills má with such joy lớn see another person recognize how amazing you truly are. Cheers lớn your big day and the many years of happiness ahead of you!"
Meaningful Wedding Wishes
You can never go wrong with a meaningful note when it comes lớn a wedding. This time is filled with emotion and hopes, and a thoughtful wedding thẻ is just the ticket for the occasion.
- "May the love you share today only grow stronger and stronger over the years."
- "I know the many years head of you will be filled with endless joy."
- "Everlasting love is a gift, but not one that you unwrap just once. It's a gift that evolves over time and never ceases lớn amaze."
- "No mountain is too high lớn climb when you climb it together."
- "May your marriage be filled with trust, respect, and love, but above all else, may it be filled with abundant joy."
Funny Wedding Wishes
Rehearsal dinner speeches and wedding toasts aren't the only time you can crack a joke at a wedding. Weddings are filled with big feelings and actions: joy, anticipation, commitment, and more. Lighten the mood with a short, funny wedding message in your thẻ. It's sure lớn make the couple smile.
Xem thêm: bị nứt cổ gà
- "It's time for you lớn eat, drink, and finally be married!"
- "It's all fun and games until you have lớn build a piece of furniture together."
- "You only get lớn annoy one person for the rest of your life! Congrats!"
- "Signed, sealed, and delivered... and no returns!"
- "If you discover the secret lớn a happy marriage, please let má know!"